Sunday, August 2, 2015

Thoughts & Reflection

So, for anyone paying attention you'll notice that I've missed more of my deadlines than I have made at this point - and I've not posted anything for about two weeks. I recently took on some new responsiblities at work and this has caused an evaporation of the majority of my idle time. I think I'm going to have to reconsider how I am doing this.
I am finding it difficult to keep up to the deadlines I have set due to the nature of my day job.  I know some people are thinking 'But Dan, everyone has a day job that they must deal with, you are no different.  That's no excuse for missing Deadlines.'  They are right, it's not an excuse, but it is a pretty good reason.  I currently work 12 hours shifts, and assuming that I'm trying to get 8 hrs sleep (I'm not, but I'm trying to) that leaves me with approximately 2 hours a day to myself on days that I work.

So. What I believe I will do is change the format of my 365 day challenge.  I will write on my days off, for one hour, and post whatever comes out.  I'll do this for 365 posts, or, until my work schedule changes.  Once I can consistently turn out one hours worth of work, I might look at giving my self a word count target.

No comments:

Post a Comment